Business Flu Vaccination Programs in high demand
Book your 2021 Flu shots now, demand for business flu vaccinations are high!
National Cabinet recently endorsed a national COVID-19 vaccination policy, so it will be interesting to watch the progress on trials and roll-out of vaccinations here in Australia when available.
Coronavirus vaccine aside, 2021 Flu vaccinations are predicted to be high.
Although we experienced the challenges that came with the COVID-19 lockdown and additional health precautions, we had a bumper Flu vaccination season this year. Our Clever Care Now Flu vaccination nurses were booked out from April to July, two months longer than in previous years.
2021 is not expected to be any different. The message from the Chief Medical Officer of the Commonwealth, Professor Paul Kelly, is that demand will again be high for Flu vaccines next year.
Professor Kelly is quoted as saying: “Influenza vaccination will be more important than ever given the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, and it is anticipated that demand for influenza vaccines will remain high next year. Noting the demand experienced this year, now is the time to consider your private market ordering requirements for next year,” he said.
Strong evidence shows that employee care boosts organisational health. Investing in programs to enhance staff health and well-being makes good business sense.
Benefits of a Business Flu Vaccination Program
- Flu vaccination is the single most effective measure to help prevent Influenza
- reduces workplace sick leave and absenteeism
- reduces the risk of flu-associated hospitalisation
- is a preventive tool for people with chronic health conditions
- can reduce the severity of illness in people who are vaccinated but still become sick
- may also protect people around you from becoming ill with the Flu
- evidence of a Flu vaccination allows staff to visit loved ones in Aged Care facilities
For more information on our Business Flu Vaccination and other health programs, see our website or contact our Client & Community Engagement Manager for details on 1300 663 434.