Workplace skin checks can help prevent, check and detect skin cancer!
Did you know?…
- Australia has the highest rates of skin cancer in the world
- Every year in Australia skin cancers account for around 80% of all newly diagnosed cancers, and
- Around 2,000 people die from this disease every year however the good news is that it may be preventable with regular skin checks
More than 95% of skin cancers are caused by unprotected exposure to UV radiation from the sun. Meaning it is preventable.
A record 18 million flu vaccines were released across the country this Flu season, up from 13.2 million flu vaccines in 2019 , 11 million in 2018 and almost 10 million more than the 8.3 million flu vaccines provided in 2017*.
We have seen a huge uptake in our Clever Care NOW on-site workplace flu vaccination program this year – we estimate about a 53% increase from last year.
NSW Health suggests businesses can help prepare their workforce for the flu season by:
- Encouraging employees to be vaccinated
- Taking steps to minimise the spread of infection through staff education and
- Providing hygiene products in the workplace
It is a known fact that annual vaccination is the single most effective measure to prevent Influenza.